WTP CW0.5M is specially developed for the prevention of corrosion in closed circuit cooling water and LTHW systems. This formulation, based upon a synergized blend of buffers, bespoke organic inhibitors, molybdate and yellow metal inhibitors, is suitable for Domestic, Commercial and Industrial multi-metal systems, negating the need for multiple treatments in mixed-occupancy environments.
NSF Chemical Inhibitor Approval Scheme (CIAS)
WTP CW0.5M is certified as complying with:
‘NSF Standard Specification for the Performance of Chemical Inhibitors for use in Domestic Hot Water Central Heating Systems and All Applicable Requirements.’
Certificate Number – NSF2408/0221
In order to meet the requirements of the CIAS Standard Specification, an inhibitor shall:
1. Inhibit the corrosion of metals typically found within a modern central heating system.
2. Not damage any rubber components typically found within a modern central heating system.
3. Inhibit scale formation.
Even with this stringent testing procedure, CW0.5M displays excellent corrosion inhibition for multiple metals at 0.5% v/v dose in both soft and hard waters, as shown below:
• Highly effective, all-round multi metal corrosion inhibitor
• Scale-preventative and anti-fouling properties
• Protects aluminium components and boilers
• Complete, single-package treatment
• Compatible with glycol antifreezes
• Suitable for Domestic, Commercial and Industrial use
• Dosing should be achieved via a recommended point in the system, e.g. a dosing pot
• Dose rate: 0.5% of system capacity; typically 500 mL treats 10 radiators (100 litre system).
• System waters should always be analysed following dosing to ensure conditions are satisfactory.
• A Molybdate test kit (WTPTK105) is available to use for determining product reserve. A reserve (as ppm MoO4) of >100 ppm is the preferred result.
• In applications where aluminium is present a pH of 7.3 – 8.3 is advised