Boiler Water Oxygen Scavenger
WTPS26 is a formulated blend of selected tannins and alkalinity builders that act as a convenient liquid oxygen scavenger, recommended for use in steam boiler plants, feedwater storage tanks and closed circuit heating systems.
- Provides corrosion control by scavenging oxygen
- Forms a protective iron/tannate film
- Scale control is also achieved by disruption of crystal growth
- Compatible with other boiler water treatment products such as alkalinity builders and polymer dispersants
||Dark brown liquid
|Specific Gravity (SG)
||1.13 – 1.15
||10 – 12
Dosing and Testing
- WTPS26 is dosed either directly from the shipping drum or diluted with soft water in a chemical mixing tank
- Injection into the system can be either by chemical dosing pump or dosage pot
- WTPS26 is normally dosed to achieve a reserve of 120 – 160 mg/L of tannins in the boiler water. Optimum treatment reserves will be specified by Service Chemists
- A Tannin drop test kit is available (WTPTK109) to determine correct reserves in the system.
Please refer to material safety data sheet for detailed handling/storage instructions.
- Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing.
- In case of contact, immediately remove contaminated clothing and wash skin with soap and water.
- For eyes, flush with plenty of water and seek medical attention.
- Harmful if swallowed.
WTPS26 treatments are shipped in 25 litre and 200 litre non-returnable drums.
Field Representatives will work closely with customer personnel to assure the effective application of the water treatment programme. Regular service calls can be provided by qualified personnel.
To enquire further about this product click here.
The above information is believed to be correct but does not purport to be all inclusive and shall be used only as a guide. The company shall not be held liable for any damage resulting from handling, contact, mis-use or mis-application of the above product. In all instances the user should satisfy themselves that this product is suitable for the anticipated application and should carry out suitable and sufficient risk/COSHH assessments and a method of use statement.