High Purity Chlorogene Chlorine Dioxide
WTP CD1000 is for use in cooling systems, evaporative condensers, process, air scrubbers, drinking water and as a sterilising agent such as in ‘fogging’ applications for a simple method of introducing high purity Chlorine Dioxide.
The product exhibits the following features and benefits:
- Environmentally friendly profile as easily neutralised
- Is a ‘ready-to-use’ product requiring a simple metering dosing pump
- European Biocides Directive listed as approved
- 5 times the oxidising power of Chlorine
- Simple, direct test method
- Does not impart taste or taint and does not form Chloro-amines
- De-colourises metal tainted water
- May be used in dirty water situations as a biocide without excessive demand
- Legionella specific biocide described in HSE HSG274 Part 2 – Section “Water treatment & control programmes for hot & cold water systems”, paragraph 2.91.
- Meets BS:EN 12671:2000 drinking water specification.
||Clear,vaguely yellow liquid
|Specific Gravity (SG)
Dosing and Testing
- 1 litre of product will produce 1 ppm of Chlorine Dioxide in 1 m3 of sterile water
- Potable Water: dose to achieve 0.2-0.5 ppm in the water after the storage vessel. Allow 20 minutes reaction time with biological organisms after dosage.
- Cooling Water: dose to achieve a reserve in the supply water of 1-2 ppm. Reserves after one pass over a tower are not expected. Adjust the dosage to produce effective biological control.
- Fogging/ Sterilisations: 1-2 ppm is usually sufficient for this application
- Air Scrubbers: dose 1-2 ppm to the recirculation rate
- Chlorine dioxide test strips are available to determine correct levels in the system (WTP TK132, 0-10ppm or WTP TK133, 0-500ppm)
Use biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before use. Please refer to material safety data sheet for detailed handling/storage instructions.
Treat as an acidic solution and oxidising agent. Keep away from reducing agents such as Sulphites.
WTP CD1000 treatments are shipped in 25 litre and 200 litre drums.
Field Representatives will work closely with customer personnel to assure the effective application of the water treatment programme. Regular service calls can be provided by qualified personnel.
To enquire further about this product click here
The above information is believed to be correct but does not purport to be all inclusive and shall be used only as a guide. The company shall not be held liable for any damage resulting from handling, contact, mis-use or mis-application of the above product. In all instances the user should satisfy themselves that this product is suitable for the anticipated application and should carry out suitable and sufficient risk/COSHH assessments and a method of use statement.