WTP CW0.5M is specially developed for the prevention of corrosion in closed circuit cooling water and LTHW systems. This formulation, based upon a synergized blend of buffers, bespoke organic inhibitors, molybdate and yellow metal inhibitors, is suitable for Domestic, Commercial and Industrial multi-metal systems, negating the need for multiple treatments in mixed-occupancy environments.
NSF Chemical Inhibitor Approval Scheme (CIAS)
WTP CW0.5M is certified as complying with:
‘NSF Standard Specification for the Performance of Chemical Inhibitors for use in Domestic Hot Water Central Heating Systems and All Applicable Requirements.’
Certificate Number – NSF2408/0221
In order to meet the requirements of the CIAS Standard Specification, an inhibitor shall:
1. Inhibit the corrosion of metals typically found within a modern central heating system.
2. Not damage any rubber components typically found within a modern central heating system.
3. Inhibit scale formation.
Even with this stringent testing procedure, CW0.5M displays excellent corrosion inhibition for multiple metals at 0.5% v/v dose in both soft and hard waters, as shown below:
• Highly effective, all-round multi metal corrosion inhibitor
• Scale-preventative and anti-fouling properties
• Protects aluminium components and boilers
• Complete, single-package treatment
• Compatible with glycol antifreezes
• Suitable for Domestic, Commercial and Industrial use
• Dosing should be achieved via a recommended point in the system, e.g. a dosing pot
• Dose rate: 0.5% of system capacity; typically 500 mL treats 10 radiators (100 litre system).
• System waters should always be analysed following dosing to ensure conditions are satisfactory.
• A Molybdate test kit (WTPTK105) is available to use for determining product reserve. A reserve (as ppm MoO4) of >100 ppm is the preferred result.
• In applications where aluminium is present a pH of 7.3 – 8.3 is advised
WTP CW0.5M is specially developed for the prevention of corrosion in closed circuit cooling water and LTHW systems. Suitable for domestic, commercial and industrial multi-metal systems.
WTP CW0.5M can be shipped in 500mL, 5L, 10L and 25L drums.
Field representatives can work closely with customer personnel to assure the effective application of the water treatment programme.
The above information is believed to be correct but does not purport to be all inclusive and shall be used only as a guide. The company shall not be held liable for any damage resulting from handling, contact, mis-use or mis-application of the above product. In all instances the user should satisfy themselves that this product is suitable for the anticipated application and should carry out suitable and sufficient risk/COSHH assessments and a method of use statement.