Dosing and Testing
- Product is intended to be fed intermittently into the system.
- When treating the system for the first time, add chemical in small increments to determine the extent of foaming due to detergent action.
- Chemical may be poured into the sump of the cooling tower evaporative condenser.
- The system should be cleaned before application of an initial dose of 300 ppm of system water.
- Dose may vary depending on water temperature, cycles of concentration and seasonal requirement.
- Typically weekly dosing will be required to visibly control microbiological growth.
- Heavily contaminated systems will require higher biocide doses than clean systems
A drop test kit is available (WTP TK194) to determine correct levels in the system.
WTP C50 is a broad spectrum biocide against a wide range of micro-organisms including, algae, fungi, bacteria and yeast infestations in water systems.
WTP C50 is based on a low foaming polymeric quaternary ammonium organic compound.
- Effective against algal, fungal and bacterial species
||Clear solution with slight alcohol odour
Please refer to material safety data sheet for detailed handling/storage instructions.